This post is late...almost coming at Magpie's five month birthday....but here is Ms. Magpie's four month photo. She's growing up!
She's got quite a personality now - very smiley, very interactive. She's fairly mellow, but she knows what she wants and will definitely let you know if you're not providing it!
Magpie still very small for her age. We were just at the doctor last week and she now tips the scales at 12 pounds, 3 ounces. Not much, especially considering she was born at 8 pounds, 1 ounce. She's at the 6th percentile now (down from the 45th). I try not to worry too much about this, but I do find that her weight continues to be on my mind. She's drinking approximately 30 ounces of breast milk a day now, so it should be enough. Not sure why she doesn't grow a bit faster, but alas. Perhaps when she starts solids at 6 months she'll pick up the pace a bit? Or maybe she is just going to be a wee lass. We shall see.
I don't have her measurements with me for her length and head circumference, but both are at the 25th percentile, which the doctor was happy with.
So enough of the numbers. The bigger question is, What is Ms. Magpie up to these days?
- She's smiling at everyone, including Moxie, even when you are across the room.
- She's looking at everything, everywhere we go, her head a constant swivel as she soaks in the world around her.
- She turns toward you most of the time if you say her name.
- She's grabbing for toys, for mommy's hair, for the placemat on the table when she's on my lap, for the paper on the doctor's exam table. Everything she can get her little hands on.
- She loves putting everything she can into her mouth - her hands, her toys, your hands, your arm, eeevvveerrything.
- She's rolling over front to back.
- She's rolling over back to front.
- She has great head control and likes tummy time for long stretches.
- She loves to bounce herself up and down in a standing position on mommy's lap...over and over and over.
- She coos and groans and gurgles.
- She makes bubbles and "spppttth" noises with her lips (maybe she's a future trumpet player?)
- She's drinking about 6.5 ounces at most feeds now and is using the Playtex Nurser Bottle. She seems to prefer the fast flow nipple.
- She grabs her feet with her hands and pulls them up toward her head.
- She loves to sit up if you help her balance.
- On a good night, she sleeps from 8 or 8:30pm until 3am. Then drinks another few ounces and sleeps until 6am or so.
She really enjoys her swing and also loves her Fisher Price playmat. Looooves it. Maybe I'll have to do a "Magpie's favorite things" post soon. She has a crinkly Winnie the Pooh book that she also loves (I think she loves the sound more than anything).
Little girl is a joy and is growing up! One day at a time. I still can't believe she's mine.
Click here to subscribe