|From Firefall Vision's Etsy Page|
So my sister needs to go back to the lab to get the AMH test redone, because somehow the lab messed up the sample. And she didn't feel that she could do that until the weekend because she already was late to work once due to getting the baseline ultrasound and antral follicle count done.
In response, I wondered wryly (but refrained from asking) how in the world she could do a whole IVF cycle for us, which would require daily bloodwork and almost-daily ultrasounds and would surely make her risk lateness to work if her boss is already raising objections.
But why say this? Because really, it looks like we may not get to the place of her doing an IVF cycle for us.
We aren't ruling it out, either. Will and I are waiting on the AMH results and then will have a regroup with Dr. Schl. in Denver and get his thoughts. But I have to say, things don't seem overly promising.
Not dismal, maybe either, but not overly promising.
In the meantime, we're taking a few steps back and reconsidering our options.
Could we take the donor we already fell in love with, the one with the rare chromosomal abnormality, to another clinic, do CCS testing on her embryos, and use her despite the inversion on chromosome 9? Would we want to? Would any clinic let us? (Interestingly, the agency is still listing her as available to donate... now also saying she has "proven" fertility and has been a "prior donor." Seems a bit disingenuous to me). She is perfect in every way but for the slight chromosomal issue, so mildly thinking about it.
Do we want to just proceed with a transfer of our embryos into my body and hope for the best? Leaning toward this at the moment. This is a surprise, as I thought we would never do this. However, originally, our NYC RE and Dr. Schl. suggested that trying another transfer of our embryos in my body was the most reasonable option. It's just that we didn't think we could take another loss - and what if those are the last chromosomally normal embryos that I could ever make? Can we survive another loss now? Maybe. Can we tolerate it if we try this and fail and then have nothing left for a gestational carrier? Thinking on this.
I'm in month two of Depot Lupron. It would feel good not to "waste" these two months of Lupron I've been on. It has not been easy, and I hope it hasn't been for nothing.
Perhaps if transferring our embryos into my body didn't work, we could throw a huge IVF stimulation party, cycle my sister, the donor, and me all at the same time and see just how many embryos we could make.
These are the fertility-related things rattling around in our brains. Today, at least. Tomorrow brings another AMH test for my sister. We've requested the results stat. Not sure how fast that will bring them, but we are hoping for quickly.
We're tired of waiting in limbo.
Click here to subscribe