Friday, February 21, 2014

The kindness of strangers


A few days ago, I posted about my friend Suzanne's quilt raffle fundraiser to travel to Kyrgyzstan to finalize her adoption of Diana after waiting in legal limbo for six long years. I was hoping that some of you might be moved to help. I thought that a few small donations would come through, and that that would be amazing since you don't even know Suzanne. I thought a little bit at a time, and all together, we could help to bring Diana home to her waiting family.

I never in a thousand years expected the kind of response that you have shown, and it just teaches me (like I needed to relearn this about you?) that you guys are amazing.

As of today, you have collectively donated $740 to help Diana get home and into her waiting mama's and sister's arms in the United States.

Wow. Just wow.

As promised, Will and I will be matching your donations dollar for dollar. So that means that so far between you guys and us, Suzanne is $1,480 closer to her goal.  And hey, some of you might even win one of the many beautiful handmade quilts being sewn for this project. But of course, winning a quilt is not the point. The point is that there is a lovely girl who needs to get out of that orphanage and into a family, and there is a lovely mama in waiting who never has never given up on her, even when the going got tough (and has stayed tough, for years now).

You are amazing. And I am humbled, ever so humbled. Thank you so so much for reaching out to help a stranger and a little girl.

I promise to keep you updated on Suzanne and Diana as their story progresses.

But in the meantime, thank you. Thank you so very much.

Mo



Click here to subscribe
Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator OnlineSubscribe in Bloglines

2 comments:

  1. Mo I gave 25 as anon, sent by you, but all I put was anon. I've tried to go back and edit my name or post a comment to let Suzanne know but I can't do that without a FB or Google+ acct of which I have neither. I can't find any way to contact her. Will you please let her know?

    It was a few days ago and my initials are dn.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had suzanne look into it based on your initials and found you. i've updated my post to reflect your contribution. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts