Friday, December 5, 2008

Cycle day 13 update: Trigger day

Will just gave me the HCG trigger shot and we're set for an early retrieval on Sunday. I can't believe we're here already.

Things have brightened since my last cycle update. There are now 7 large follicles and several smaller ones visible on ultrasound, so we are cautiously optimistic that things will go well on Sunday.

My RE did our ultrasound Thursday and said he will try to come in and do my retrieval himself, even though he isn't on call. We are thrilled and touched. Our IVF center is quite large, known for its clinical excellence but not necessarily for being a hand-holding kind of place, so his willingness to come in on his day off is especially meaningful.

We will keep you posted. Thanks, as always, for your warm wishes and thoughts.

Fingers crossed and full speed ahead.

Mo

16 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! GL!! Can't wait for all the good news coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven is great news! Good luck on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh...YAY! Sending you tons of ER luck for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! I love this part of cycles - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers and toes crossed for a bountiful harvest on Sunday. May the drugs be delicious and the eggs be mighty and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea! This is great news! Lucky number seven.

    Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got everything crossed for you that crosses! Seven sounds perfect! I'm thinking lots of good lots and hoping the PIO goes well this time around, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll definitely be thinking of you. Ours is in the afternoon, so you can think of me then.

    Remember to drink lots of gatorade and eat lots of protein after. And I would suggest eating dried prunes too. I was seriously messed up in that dept for a while after.

    Good luck!!

    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news on the follicle front. I was thinking about you this morning. :)
    Very nice that your RE is coming in on his day off. That's fabulous.
    Also, I had not realized it before but you are one lucky girl having your husband - a doctor - give you the shots. ;)
    wishing you a successful retrieval and an easy recovery!
    can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOHOO!! Fantastic news! And yes, having a good, caring RE makes all the difference.

    Shall be watching & waiting for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey guys -

    Thanks for all of your encouragement and Well wishes! We will keep you posted!

    I Believe in Miracles: we will send positive thoughts your way tomorrow. May it go well!

    Clio - Will is a great help and would give me all my shots if I need him to. but we usually split it up - he does my IMs (hard to reach and those needles are huge!) and I do all the subcutaneous ones.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers crossed for a great ER! Can't wait to hear all about it. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck tomorrow morning!!! I can't wait to hear how your retrieval went.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of luck tomorrow. I hope you get lots of good eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope all goes well today. I will be keeping everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts