Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sundays of grace #6

Things I am grateful for:

1. The blogosphere: Finding you all here has been such a wonderful, and surprising, aspect of our journey. We'd originally envisioned our blog as a journal for Will and me; we never realized it would become a conversation with all of you. What an unexpected gift this has become! Thank you.

2. Hope: Something that has been in short supply around our home lately is back, coupled with nervous anticipation. For the past few months, Will and I have both been working toward having a child and also working to accept the increasing likelihood that that child might come via donor egg or adoption. With this latest cycle, we are both daring to hope that there might be at least a single viable embryo in the bunch that we transferred. While trying hard not to get ahead of ourselves, we are basking in the experience, knowing that hope can be hard to come by.

3. A perfect spring day in the country: Will and I enjoyed a beautiful day yesterday, windows rolled down, tooling around in the car (driving a car is kind of a novelty for us city kids), shopping, cooking, eating together, the obligatory fire in the fireplace warming the chillly early spring nighttime air. Ah, bliss. Maybe in a year we will be doing this with one or more little people? We would be so grateful for that, but we are grateful now to just have each other and to enjoy these things.

Mo

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful!

    I am also grateful for the blogosphere. There is more support and learning that I have captured from the IF bloggers than most of my IRL acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to say I am so hopeful for you guys!!! It is nice to know others who are in the 2ww as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have hope for you, too. Glad you've had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always, thanks for the reminder of what is good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope and friendship and fresh air - what a perfect Sunday. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet post! Glad to hear the year of hope is alive and well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing Lee and I have become more grateful for is each other. Just having the relationship that we do, and knowing how much we have relied on the strength of that relationship to take us through the past nearly four year journey..it has definitely been a point of grace for us.

    Hoping that this time next year you're tooling around with a couple of carseats too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! I am so greatful for the blogosphere! I am glad that you have found hope again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and Will the best in your 2ww.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful Saturday! It was beautiful in New Jersey too. :) I cannot wait until Spring is here in full bloom.

    And I'm hoping with you that you've got a lil' one (or more) with you this time next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I always find that the warm sunny weather makes hope and gratuity come a little easier. I am glad you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that some of your little embabies burrow deep and are in it for the long haul. Good luck *Sticky baby dust*.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your attitude is amazing. I remember feeling very content and fortunate to have been able to go through the IVF process again (sounds strange, I know). At that moment it felt like enough just to be in a position to hope again rather than sitting around spinning our wheels. I am so hopeful that this is your magic cycle!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts