Friday, May 15, 2009

Finding the middle ground

I'm trying something new this two week wait. Usually, I vacillate between thinking I'm pregnant and getting very excited, to thinking I'm not, and feeling low.

The beta is next Friday and so I have one week left of this two week wait. Instead of being all over the place emotionally, I'm going to try to find a middle path. I'm trying to not predict the outcome either way and instead to just focus on what is now: that I have three embryos inside of me. At this moment in time, and for the coming week, I have the possibility that I might be pregnant. I'm not going to assume that I am and start planning estimated due dates or how it would work with my grant, etc., or get all wrapped up in worries that I'm not and start thinking about next steps and how that would feel and how I would regroup (at least I'm going to try to avoid these things).

For this moment, at least, I am tuning in to what is true right now. I am honoring the possibility. What is true right now is that maybe there is life inside me. Just maybe. Makes me smile a little to think of it.

Mo

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

20 comments:

  1. Mo, this feels absolutely right. Open and honoring the possibility. that is powerful in itself.
    Hope you can navigate this middle ground.
    I'm here crossing fingers and toes for you on this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, positive perspective! I'll have to try this 'middle ground' business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very good plan to me! I'll try adopting a similar strategy myself in a few days. Sending lots of good vibes in your direction~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. Good work, Dr. Mo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No day but today, Mo :)

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the best way to make it through the wait. Good for you. Just keep smiling and thinking that the future could be much different and relax that is is in nature and God's hands at this time.

    You can do it.

    Take it easy and take care,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!!! Easier said than done I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The highs and lows can be so impossibly tough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're in a good mindset. Crossing my fingers and hoping for you you get to an even getter one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great way of thinking about it! I am impressed with you restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sounds great - you are inspiring me to do the same

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mo, love your view! Way to go and let go to honor this moment you are in--with three sweet embryos within :) Following you....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get anxious just thinking about others in the 2ww. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so very healthy and I hope it sticks around until your test! Honoring the possibility sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is very healthy. it is what it is, right? 3 embryos inside of you. everything else just adds to the stress and pressure of the situation.

    still thinking lots of positive thoughts over here :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoping the path is easy to find, those highs and lows are exhausting! You will be ok, no matter what. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe losing the chance to POAS has stopped the usual loop from forming!
    Viva possiblities!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope "staying middle" is bringing you peace and calm during your tww. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts