Monday, February 24, 2014

Suzanne sends you a thank you note

Hello kind readers of Mo’s petri dish. I have so many thoughts swirling in my head as I sit to write a thank you note to you all, it’s hard to put them into any logical order. So I will put them in emotional order, which is to say no order at all. Emotions aren’t interested in order.

Your generosity toward a total stranger has restored my faith in humanity. This is not just a cliché statement to be taken lightly. My faith in humanity, and otherworldly things for that matter, has been put through the wringer in the past six years. But just when I need it, something or someone reminds me that this isn’t just a mean old world where we’re all on our own. And in that moment I find the faith of ten mothers plus two, and am able to soldier on.

Sometimes it’s a photo in my email box of Diana, smiling and laughing with her friends at her orphanage. Sometimes it’s a song whose lyrics seem to be written just for the 65 waiting families caught in the Kyrgyzstan adoption moratorium (I have a whole Pandora station of them at this point). Sometimes it’s a total stranger writing, “Let’s get that girl home!” in a note attached to a $25 donation to my travel fund. In your cases, it was a lot of those notes and a lot of those donations. A. Lot.

Your generosity went far beyond your dollars. You were generous with your time, by allowing my story to hi-jack your regularly scheduled programming here on Mo’s blog. You were generous with your empathy, by sharing little glimpses into your own seemingly interminable waits to become mothers. You were generous with your friends, by cross-posting my story on your own blogs and Facebook pages.

I’m humbled by all you have given me. I wish I had more to give in return. I wish I could post a photo here of my precious and beautiful Diana, so you could see how she has refused to let her spirit be crushed by her circumstances. I wish I could post the photo of us hugging and laughing on her 4th birthday, during adoption process #2 in 2012. But We have been told to be careful about publicly sharing recognizable photos of our children at this delicate moment while we are on the brink of being able to re-re-start our adoptions. After all they aren’t our children, yet.

I hope those of you who gave so freely of yourselves will stop by the Kwyltyng To Kyrgyzstan Facebook page from time to time to keep tabs on the progress of this, Diana’s and my third adoption process. The moment I’m allowed to post photos of her I will post them there. Then you will finally be able to “meet” the child your big, wonderful hearts helped unite with her family, at last.   

And Mo, I just. I’m. Seriously. I can’t begin to tell you what a blessing you and your energy are in this world and in my life. Everything good written above, and much more, applies to you. You are a giver and a gift.

One last bit of housekeeping: Some of you show up on my fundrazr page as “anonymous.” But paypal keeps me abreast of who donated what. So you’re all attached to the appropriate number of quilt raffle tickets, and I will have a way of reaching you if you are a lucky winner.

Thank you, bless you, keep strong, and good luck in the raffle!

Suzanne


Click here to subscribe
Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts