Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sundays of grace #26


1. The weather is breathtakingly gorgeous and it makes all problems seem more manageable, all difficulties a little lighter. Trees are blooming everywhere, and all around people seem a little more relaxed, a little less strained than they did in the wintertime. The warmth, the sunshine, the blue sky, I didn't realize how much I missed them all during this year's long winter. But it is fantastic to have them back again.

2. Our not-so-little boxer puppy Moxie has been home a week now from her training adventure - and it is so so great to have her back. We took the opportunity for her to get some training while we were away anyway in Colorado for our latest IVF cycle. She learned many new tricks and is quite the well-behaved puppy. And that is very nice, because she is a joy to have around now. But mostly, it's just awesome to have her home, snuggling with us, constantly bringing balls our way for us to throw for her, just being her Moxieness, all full of energy and love and affection.

3. Both Will and I are working way too much these days. He's been pulling 14 hour days at the hospital this weekend - blech. And I'm covering for a few coworkers due to illness and Passover striking our staff at the same time. While this has been difficult in some respects and means an increased workload, it also means I'm covering a number of inpatients whom I wouldn't usually see. While it's been busy, it's also a great reminder that I love clinical work and the chance to work with patients. I'm grateful for this reminder of what makes my work life most rewarding.


Mo

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mo - just checking in to say that I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Moxie is back - she sounds like a joy! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please say the tulips will still be blooming we we come to NYC in 4 weeks. Tulips in Central Park are one of my absolute favorite things about New York.
    Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts