Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Words to live by

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.".... "You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
      --Steve Jobs, Excerpt from his Stanford University commencement address, 2005

Wise words, especially for someone like me, who has so much trouble having faith in the process of things. His brilliant speech, in its entirety, is here.


May he rest in peace.


Click here to subscribe
Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful speech. I had never read it before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In hindsight, I absolutely believe this. But thinking back to the awful days of cancelled and failed cycles, it was almost impossible. Some days it was just about putting one foot in front of the other, dragging myself to the clinic for a blood draw and u/s before work, then pushing through the work day.

    I feel very hopeful about your latest decision. I believe you will have a take home baby in 2012. And that you'll look at that child and be absolutely thrilled that the dots connected in this particular way.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts