We spoke to our doctor, we talked amongst ourselves, we prayed, and finally, we held our breath and took the plunge.
Thank you for all of your thoughts about this decision and for your support. Especially for your support.
We decided to be aggressive (but hopefully not too aggressive).
In making the decision, we weighed Mo's history and age, as well as the fact that any embryos not transferred would almost certainly be discarded, since we've never had any extras make it to blast for freezing. Faced with the uterus or the trash can, we chose the uterus. We also considered the likelihood of miscarriage - there's around a 25% chance of miscarriage with any single embryo that does take hold - and the fact that our miscarriage risk is elevated, given our history of multiple aneuploidies.
We tried to be rational (being trained in science and all), taking in all the info and letting it simmer for awhile. But ultimately, this decision required a huge leap of faith.
So yesterday, around 3pm, we leapt.
And now, everybody is on board:
We are excited. We are terrified. And for the first time since the first IVF, we're actually thinking this might result in a pregnancy or two (or, gulp, three). And maybe even a real live baby (or babies) at the end of it all.
Beta is March 23. Holding our breath a little bit until then.
Mo and Will
Finley Faith: Her Story
1 day ago