Monday, December 7, 2009

Shape up plan, week 3: quickie update



As of today, I have squeaked under the BMI for "overweight" and back down into the "normal" weight category. Now, I know that I actually feel much better and more "myself" nearer to the middle-to-low end of the "normal" weight category, so I still have a way to go. Today begins week 4. Here's hoping I can keep my motivation up this week! One Holiday party and one dinner out with friends planned. Hopefully I can behave! Will says he notices a difference in the way I look, but I can't tell a difference honestly. I do, however, feel much healthier, am sleeping better, and feel like I have more consistent energy during the day. Yay for that!

Total exercise this week: 5 hours aerobic, 1.25 hours flexibility
1 spinning class
3 hours, 20 minutes on elliptical
40 mins run/walk on treadmill
(+1.25 hours yoga)

Diet: No major deviations, but not as strict on portion control as should be. So healthy, but occasionally more food than I "needed." Managed to eat over at friends houses twice this week and maintain healthful choices (with the exception of one mojito and a little cheesy pasta). So not perfect, but not a diet disaster either.

Items of clothing earned: 1 (grey Ann Taylor outlet high neck ribbed sweater)

Weight lost this week: 1.6 lbs

Weight lost overall so far: 5 lbs!!!!

Total body fat lost (based on gizmo on my scale that I only half believe): gained .07. What the?! How can I be getting fatter?

Will's Weight loss so far: 6.5 lbs (wow.)

Mo
Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! Teach me! LOL! I hope you have another solid week! How much do you hate (love) spin class?! Seriously it's an awesome class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for healthy Mo! Hip hip hurrah!
    Seriously, I'm impressed. I'm managing a good, solid half-hour of bike riding in front of the tv at night, and that's about it. I need motivation. I need to go shopping and find clothes I love to bribe myself with - I still say your system is genius...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! Good for you!! And just ignore that gizmo on the scale. Seriously how could a scale calculate body fat vs muscle weight?? You need a hyperbaric chamber or at least one of those pinchy things -- how in the world would a scale be able to differentiate??

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you are impressive. I like the breakdown of what you have done and earned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That's awesome! I'm trying to lose some weight quickly to get my BMI inline with where the clinic wants it to be prior to our IVF clinical trial. 5 pounds to go for me!

    Will be following your journey! Can use all the weight loss/exercise "buddies" I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very impressed with your amount of exercise! Go you! And love the fact that you reward yourself with clothes... hmm getting inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of exercise. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts