Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sundays of grace #21


What am I grateful for?

1. First big snowstorm of the season. Snow everywhere! Love to see it lying in pillows on the fire escape, each tree limb blanketed with a layer of whiteness, the park filled with sledders, the city quiet beneath all the white.

2. Puppy in a blizzard!!! Moxie has been so excited to run and romp in the snow. She has blue rubber booties because all the salt on the pavement is tough on her paws. When she walks down the street, they make this thwack thwack sound, like she's a little four-legged duck.

3. Almost one-fourth of the way through my master's degree. I have not been so excited about getting another degree on top of the master's and PhD I already have (this one was a requirement of the two-year grant I received to do my research. Bleh). But it seems that the time is flying by. Three more semesters to go and then hopefully, no more school ever!

Mo

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

6 comments:

  1. Almost 1/4 of the way through my degree, too! Wednesday marks the day for me...can't get here soon enough. I'm a little bit over pyrosequencing right now. :/

    Yay for our first snow! I love fresh, clean snow in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture Moxie in the snow with her boots!

    And yay for progress on the Masters... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note to let you know I'm thinking about you both. Stay warm. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two masters and a PhD? Wow, you must be way smarter than me! I'd never have the stamina or creativity for that much original research.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can picture Moxie with her joyful bounding! Love it! I can't believe that you have to get another Masters after a PhD. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! I continue to be in awe of you for so many reasons...Nice to hear Moxie loves the snow-if you run out you can come see and she can play here :) We have plenty to spare!! Keep going on the degree, you will be happy when you are done and don't have that hanging over you ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts