Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sundays of Grace # 19


1. Everything is a go for Denver. Looks like this cycle is going to happen despite my intense fears about the process and the difficulties of scheduling medical treatment across the country. As bummed as I am to need to go to Denver and cycle a sixth time, I try to remember to be grateful that this technology is available, and that we are able to string together loans and the remainder of our savings to make it happen. In a strange way, we are actually very lucky.

2. I heart my gym. They have these chilled eucalyptus scented towels to cool your face after you work out, and then in the past week, they started carrying Kiehl's shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and moisturizer. Bottom line, my gym is now nicer than my home. I think I may just move in there. I am so grateful for all these little niceties that make the whole experience of working out feel like a privilege rather than drudgery.

3. This week was the first time I experienced a "high" from exercise. It only happened once, and motivating for and completing the rest of the workouts was actually super difficult this week. But once, during a run on the treadmill, I had that sense that my breath and my body were perfectly in sync, a sense of lightness and rhythm, the feeling that I could have continue forever. What a gift to have that happen, the reminder of how good it can feel to take care of my body. I wasn't expecting to have that pay off for several more weeks. I feel fortunate to have experienced it so early into my renewed commitment to working out.

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

12 comments:

  1. Hurrah for making Denver happen, and good job for your commitment to working out. I can't wait to hear all about it - when are we going to be able to get you all out here to Brooklyn, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Denver! And, my gym is similar...it's so nice, I may just move in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever had an exercise high in my life! I enjoy swimming, but it's a chore to get in there and get going, and I always used to be relieved when I was done my laps.
    You'll be in fine shape for Denver at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping the 6th time is the charm for you as well. :) I am rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The high! How I miss the high, I feel like it's been forever since I felt that, so glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome about Denver! And, where in this world do you work out? i'd so go to that gym! Sounds nice and clean too!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see a S.O.G. post! Yay for Denver - and I look forward to hearing about every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I normally am a quiet reader on your blog though I do read everything you write, but I'm chiming in to tell you I'm thinking of you on this cycle and I hope that all goes well. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we go to the same brand of gym, and I love those eucalyptus towels. Right now I'm swollen like those thanksgiving balloons so you won't find me there, but I'm impressed as hell that you are so diligent.
    I am wishing you all the best for your cycle in denver... you so deserve this happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your "Sundays of Grace" posts. I have been thinking this might be a good weekly post for me- I think I need it right now.

    (I heart exercise highs!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's very exciting about Denver, sorry it has to be so far away but hopefully it will be worth the trip. They sound like a great clinic :)

    High on exercise...yeah, that's never happened for me, maybe in due time but right now I just want to go to bed afterwards. However it does sound like you have some fantastic client services there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! LOVE CCRM. Consider taking Saizen. That made my cycle from 3-5 measly embryos to 11 (8 were mature and all fert). I'm 41 almost 42 with a very low AMH so this was a true miracle.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts